We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
Bright Maize Limited whose company number is : 11095549 and whose registered office is at Windover House, St Ann Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 2DR (“we”, “our” and “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under “data protection laws” which is the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and all related data protection legislation having effect in the United Kingdom from time to time. We are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of the data protection laws.
Our data protection officer is Antony Lyall who can be contacted on 01722 744494.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of our business, we collect the following personal information when you place an order for our products either over the phone, face to face or via our website:
Customer names and contact information, including address, telephone number and email address
[Like most other website operators, we collect non-personally identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available. This includes technical information, such as your IP address and your login information and information about your visit, such as records of how you navigate the pages on our site and how you interact with the pages.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
Supply you with the goods which you have requested from us and to manage your account with us
To contact you with marketing information about our business and products which we believe you will find of interest
Who we share your personal information (including your sensitive personal information) with and transfer outside of the EEA
With our external marketing agencies.
We otherwise do not share your personal information with other third parties.
To the best of our knowledge, understanding and belief your information will not be transferred outside of the EEA or to any country not approved by the European Commission.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of certain of your personal information is required from you to enable us to provide our services to you. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for a period of 7 years
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on the following grounds as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of the contract for the sale of goods between you and us
- The processing is necessary for achieving our legitimate business interests – for example, when we send you our marketing mailshots. You can unsubscribe and “opt out” of receiving such marketing communications at any time by clicking on the link (if a communication is sent by email) or by contacting us email@example.com
- Where you have consented to the processing for the purposes set out above
- Under the data protections laws, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us using the contract details set out below;
- let us have enough information to identify you;
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that our data protection officer, Antony Lyall can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The data protection laws also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was last updated on November 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time and will keep you updated of any changes we make.
Our customers will be liable for any and all costs in recovery including Debt Collection Agency instruction fees @ 20%.
How to contact us
Please contact our data protection officer Antony Lyall if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you on 01722 744494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Bright Maize Ltd, Dean Lane Farm, Fovant, Wiltshire SP3 5LQ