For the 25kg bag, please visit here.
35% – AberSwan Medium/Large White Clover.
20% – AberDai Medium White Clover.
15% – Liflex Medium White Clover.
15% – AberLasting Small White Clover.
10% – AberPearl Small White Clover.
5% – AberAce Small White Clover.
- These clover mixtures appear in some of the standard Bright Maize grass mixtures.
- Alternatively, they can be bought in 5kg or 25kg bags and sown into an existing sward to rejuvenate an old ley.
- Suggested Sowing rate 1-3kgs/acre.
- A source of home-grown protein.
- Reduces the need for expensive fertiliser. A sward with 30% clover content is capable of supplying 150-250 kgs N/Ha per year.
- Animal forage intake improves when clover is present in the sward. This increases animal performance. More meat, more milk.
Animals that are being turned out from a low clover diet or moved from a field without clover present should be introduced to forage containing clover over a period of time as Bloat can be a problem.